Base Metal Clay – Introduction and Beginners
This is a two day class due to the long firing schedules.
This class is for absolute beginners. In this class we will be making two or three easy pieces using these processes:
- You will learn:
- The nature and properties of base metal clays, how to condition the clay and how to keep it moist and ready to use.
- Introduction to all tools and their uses.
- The various stages to create a piece of jewellery:
- Clay stage, use of texture mats, drying processes, refining techniques, firing and polishing.
- Included in the price we provide 50g of Gold Bronze clay, use of all the studio tools and machinery.
- Teas and coffees served when required. Please bring a pack lunch.
- Closed shoes and facility to tie your hair back when certain tools are used are required for safety.
- For an alternative date for this class please contact the Studio. Thank you.